Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Garden Tuesday

Some years it is harder than others to see the signs of Spring. This year with our funny weather pattern, it might seem like Spring is still far off in the distant future, except for this.....


I have been doing a special gardener's dance in my backyard that I comically refer to as the "rhubarb shuffle". It is where I try and try and try to grow rhubarb.

This latest bed, seems a bit more acceptable to those strong will plants, and I shall read this as a sign of Spring! And not a moment too soon.....

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments.

this post is shared with:
garden tuesday @ sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party @ an oregon cottage

9 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

LOL! I've done the same dance and I think I've given up on rhubarb. Maybe it's just too warm in Georgia for it. I've tried shady spots, raised bed etc. So lucky you! I love rhubarb.

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Those first few plants are just so beautiful when they come up in the spring, aren't they? That rhubarb is gorgeous!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

Yeah, Melynda, your rhubarb are growing!! I see a tasty spring in your future. :-)

Thanks for sharing!

learning table said...

I've been itching to get my hands in the dirt. Spring is finally starting to tease us here, too.
:)

Beth said...

Spring is coming as the earliest signs tell us - bringing good things to come!

kitchen flavours said...

I am ever so curious about rhubarb! A friend is bringing me some seeds next month, from London. She was chuckling about my crazy idea at growing rhubarb over here in Malaysia! I agree with her, but well, I've got nothing to loose at trying!! Hope your rhubarb plant grows well and healthy! :) Have a nice day!

Holly said...

Yay!!! Rhubarb is back!!!

Pam said...

Yay! I look forward to seeing your rhubarb's progress every week!

Diana said...

Lucky you to have rhubarb. I tried and tried for years to grow it (I actually have never even eaten rhubarb, but the plants are so beautiful, and I would eat it if I grew it) -- but it is just too warm here in west Tennessee.