Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Garden Tuesday, the one about cherries!

When I was working in the yard this past weekend, look what I found, 
on the cherry tree of all places.....


yes, we have cherries! I don't know what kind, but there are a lot of them, it is a large tree.

And as I rounded the corner of the house, on my way to the wood silo, 
look what else I spotted....

grapes, these were visiting from across the fence.

I planted some Dusty Miller and Red Carnations, I tend to plant in clumps of color.

Fortunately the flower bed area was not hard and packed with clay. So far I really like this yard!

What have you noticed in your garden?

As always, thank you for taking a moment to stop by. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

this post is shared with:
garden tuesday@sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party@an oregon cottage

10 comments:

Holly said...

Cherries and grapes! Score! So glad you are enjoying your new yard. Looking forwrd to seeing those carnations in bloom.

kitchen flavours said...

Wow, Cherries! You know how expensive they are over here? EXTREMELY expensive! Congratulations on your wonderful discovery!
I noticed a bird nest at my backyard on my "belimbing" (sour fruit) plant, but it is a little too high for me to take a peek!
Have a lovely week, Melynda!

Karen @ away for the weekend said...

One of the things I enjoy most when I move are the Spring finds in the yard! Grapes and cherries - fantastic, and I like stuffed grape leaves, too. Enjoy!

Dee@StartDreaming said...

Hahaha! I love the visiting grapes! Wonder if your neighbor will miss them?

I hope you get loads of cherries from that tree! My Hubby and kids love them and they are pricey.

Take care!
Dee

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Cherries and grapes--yay! My grapevine also has several little bud clusters all over it right now, so can't wait until it flowers and makes lots of fruit. And the dusty miller and red carnations will be a gorgeous color combination--it's one that I really like!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

I only wish I had grapes in my yard. My 3 yr old loves them

Pam said...

Yay for cherries!!

Frugal in WV said...

I'm jealous of your grapes and cherries :) Cherries are so pricey here, I miss living in WA where they were so cheap in comparison!

Reeni said...

You're lucky to have cherries! Weeds and old dead plants are in my veggie garden from last year!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

Isn't that fun to discover things in a new yard? I do hope the birds leave some cherries for you. :-)