Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Garden Tuesday, the one about landscaping for free.

I know it won't last forever, but while there are free garden goodies, I am all there! Free is a great price in landscaping. Remember my little climbing rose?

 
Not only has it grown a lot, it has started blooming. Soon it will be time to get the trellis put together and the other climbing rose moved in beside it.

Another landscaping freebie was this tree. It is sitting where it will most likely be planted, but we wanted to "try it out" before digging a big hole. As this tree grows and fills in it will create a breakfront at the curb. Yet there is plenty of room to back into the side yard, to get into the back yard with fire wood or supplies.

This one freebie I could do without however, yep mole holes!

In a round about way, this rose is also free. I was not sure it was even alive when I moved in. But look at the growth, so many beautiful blooms. The small corner spot is too small, it needs to be moved and put on a trellis to help support all the growth.

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

this post is shared with:
garden tuesday@sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party@an oregon cottage







8 comments:

Pam said...

thanks for linking up! With three kitty cats, mole holes are something we don't see much of around here!

Kat said...

Glad your freebies are doing well. I also have some of those freebies and they are still at the mystery stage, as I don't remember what they are!! Like Pam, with dogs and a cat, no moles close by, but we have had them in the past.

Jo @ Let's Face the Music said...

Gotta love FREE! This year we've had free tomato plants, pansies (which looked all but dead when we got them), and hydrangeas. I wasn't sure the hydrangeas would make it but, yepper, 2 tiny but growing plants. I'm sure they'll flower . . . NEXT year. Jo @ Let's Face the Music

Melinda said...

Free is my favorite! Glad yours are still doing great - well - except for those pesky mole hole.

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

What pretty roses! And free is great--I like that, too. We had a lot more mole hills in the garden this winter and spring than we usually do--not sure what the deal was, but I had to reseed the lawn in several spots to cover where they dug. They are really good a digging, and I always take that top soft soil that they're prepared for me and put it in the garden beds!

Susan Zentmyer said...

I love free! Almost all of our tomatoes this year are from free seeds... we'll have to see whether or not they were worth the $. ;-) Thanks for sharing!

Becky Elmuccio said...

Congrats on finding some good freebies. I am anxious to see how they all turn out.

Kenzie Rowan said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
Landscaping Virginia